Hey guys, happy mid-week. We are home from the beach and back to reality - which, lucky for us, involved an ant infested kitchen and a sick dog
all over the house, HOME SWEET HOME! ;)
Anyway, it's time for another healthy dose of confessions...
- I'm hosting Book Club at my house tonight (on the book 7 by Jen Hatmaker, more on that later) and, according to my Kindle, I'm only 68% finished with the book. Since my house is also a mess and I haven't bought the first bit of wine or cheese, I'm wondering if there are Sparknotes for 7 yet. #Englishteacherfail.
- Sam has taken to biting. I mean, ya'll, it is BAD. And, what's worse, I'm probably encouraging it because I just cannot help but laugh. Seriously, if you saw this big bald head coming at you with an open mouth, tell me you'd be able to keep a straight face!!! (Any tips for stopping this? Seriously.)
|Caught red-handed with his buddy Kane|
- On Sunday, I am leaving for a five day training for the AP course I'm teaching next year at the College of William and Mary. Although I am SO sad to leave Sam for that long, I'm also kind-of looking forward to it. Four nights in hotel room with cable TV and all my meals paid for? Yes please! I haven't had time to myself like this in, um... forever. (And, yes, I do feel a little like a horrible mom for being excited about this; but, I have a sneaking suspicion I'm not the only one out there who would give her right arm for a little alone time. I'll be better for it, right?)
- Ok, I'm also excited about getting to be a "student" for a week. I'm a super-nerd like that. (And, you better believe I'll be rocking the fashion glasses!)
- I go back to work in two and a half weeks (note, that I will be gone for five of those days); and, so far, I have completed a whopping ONE of the 32 items on my "Summer To Do List." (For the record, Sam's birthday party is probably going to be my only accomplishment of Summer 2012.)
- Speaking of which, there are still decorations from the party hanging in my sunroom, and I'm pretty certain that the chalk frame and welcome sign at my front door is going to be there
until we move one day a long time.
Alright ladies, don't leave me hanging... Please 'fess up!!!